Dodgy power tool pricing

Default Dodgy power tool pricing

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that Sydney Tools has different prices for the same product on their various web sites? I was looking at a Hitachi sliding mitre saw and they had it for $849 here: SYDNEY TOOLS - Hitachi 1520W 305mm Laser Slide Compound Mitre Saw and $880 here: Powertool World - Hitachi 1520W 305mm Laser Slide Compound Mitre Saw. If i'm not mistaken, its the exact same manufacturer and reseller part number, but $31 more expensive.

I also found that when I bought a cordless screwdriver over the counter, they charged a higher price than what was on the web site; anyone else had that experience? The next time I shop there, I will be printing out the best web price and holding them to it!

Hammer Head - 1K Club Member

what i am told is each store owns its own online shop as well and can charge what they want to,

i had problem years back with one guy charging me a differnt price after we sorted it out we now only deal with one guy, he puts all our orders through and we pick up from any store.

Interesting! I went back to each site and the address on the contact page is different so now I know which place to go to for the better price.

Cabinetmaker

been looking at a new LXT 18v makita planer, and have been quoted $250 from United Tools, $215 at Sydney Tools, and $209 from Tradetools. All over the shop for the exact same model. These are local skins, not imported skins.
    find us on facebook - Pitman Cabinetmaking
    follow us on Instagram - PITMAN_CABINETMAKING

I have also found items from Sydney tools cheaper on there ebay listings than the website!! U can still buy off ebay and go pick up in store

Novice

I bought the Makita Vacuum BCL180Z for $58 from them + $20 shipping, I think the price is not bad.
    On eBay some are selling it from $84 to $89.