Dril for drilling concretel

Apprentice (new member)

Default Dril for drilling concretel

Hi Guys, first post for me. About to do heap of concrete drilling (10mm holes). Already have a Hitachi DV20V2 which I've had for years and does OK but I had a contractor using another type of drill (rotary??) that he let me use once and it was SO much easier. Was it a rotary and is it worth the effort of a cheap bunnings one (Saw one for about $80)

I had to do a pile of wholes and borrowed a 3 year old ozito rotary drill. - (i think it was about $80 new).... It was an amzing difference between my normal ryobi drill on hammer mode.

All depends how many holes? and how much effort it will save.

Yes it is worth having a rotary hammer drill.
    This morning I used my Makita impact drill for 5mm holes. The first 25mm no worries, then is just did not want to progress. B.... This. Picked up my Hilti hammer drill and the holes were done in a flash.
    Once you have bought a tool you have it for a long time, it can be money well invested. Use the wrong tool and you will wear the tool and youself out before finnishing the job.

7K Club Member

For $80 just buy it! Rotary hammer drills are wonderful things and (should) double as mini jack hammers when you turn off the drill function and just use the hammer. I have the Aldi version. The bits are very different than what you have in your 'normal' hammer drill. They are SDS connections that allow for the increased hammer movement so you'll need to invest in some bits if none come with the drill (a good kit comes with the Aldi one, and you can also buy 600mm bits from Aldi when they decide to stock them at a price I couldn't refuse)

A bit of googling because I don't like using acronyms I don't know - SDS was invented by Bosch and is German for "Steck Dreh Sitz" (Insert Twist Stay)

Apprentice (new member)

Thanks Guys - I thought that's what you would say! Now I get to buy anther tool! bewdy!