edisons tools Baumr-AG - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

Default edisons tools Baumr-AG - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

Here is a warning to anyone contemplating buying any tools from edisons tools
    https://www.edisons.com.au/?gclid=Cj...hoCu0QQAvD_BwE

I made the unfortunate decision to purchase a tool from these shonksters, being a concrete core hole machine.

Purchased the machine just over 12 months ago (12 months warranty) my intentions were to use it for this house I'm currently doing up as it has suspended concrete slabs.
    I thought it made sense to look at purchasing a core hole as there is four bathrooms, kitchen, and laundry that will require new holes through the slab to accommodate for floorplan changes requiring new holes for plumbing movements etc.

As I have never needed a core hole machine for anything other than the occasional job here and there, I just rented one as required and couldn't really justify the $2500 - $4000 to purchase a machine, as it will just sit on a shelf 363 days of a year.
    So, I decided to look around for a cheap one that I could use for this house without the hassle of hiring one each time as required.

I hunted around and decided I would buy one from edisons tools as they were local to Sydney, their website seemed pretty good, they talked the tool up, and how good their service was, blah blah blah, I also found a discount code so thought I would give it a go.
    I thought if it lasted this house without exploding I would be happy, anyway it arrived within a week, and sat in the garage for a few months before I was able to use it.

Looked over the machine and it appeared to be of semi-ok Chinese quality.

First time used it to drill a 50mm hole for the kitchen drain, seemed to work fine had a slight vibration to the machine, few months on got onto the laundry / powder room, which required 3 holes, it seemed to do these ok but noticed the machine didn't seem to be balanced very well and the vibration was still there, it wasn't really bad, I just put it down to poor quality build.

Few months on, got to the ensuite, set the machine up, stated to drill and it seemed to be vibratng a bit more, then the crappy cheap handle that's held in by a single allen bolt fell off as the bolt just came out, as the shaft is not splined the handle just fell on the ground.
    Just as this happened the water inlet sprung a leak and started spraying water everywhere, these machines require a constant water supply to the core bit or they will sieze in the hole, I quickly turned it off but it had jammed itself due to the water spraying everywhere else other than down into the core bit.

It took a while to get the core bit back out of the hole, I reattached the rubbish handle, checked the water problem, and it looked like a seal had blow or come off, turned the machine back on and the vibration had got a lot worse, as it looked like now something got bent after it siezed up.

Next thing I checked the warranty and it was just on 1 month after warranty, so I contacted edisons explained the problem, explained the bolt holding the handle just fell out, and a number of other screws came loose on the machine and I thought it was poor quality build that has caused the problem, as it had only drilled 5 holes in total.

Their response was I could return it to them to look at, but it would cost me $80 prior to them even looking at it, um sorry I have to pay you to look at it, I told them I would not pay them to look at the machine so they could come back and say I caused the problem then quote me to fix it more then I probably paid for the machine.
    I told them I had never heard of such rubbish and to get lost, a week later I replied to their request and said I was happy to send them pics of the machine showing the problem and showing them the machine was still in brand new condition and had not been used commercially or abused.

I told them I would not pay them $80 to do nothing, they replied and said, ok upload a video and pictures of the machine, which I did.
    They replied quite quickly with the below response.

As per advised by our Head Technician:

Please be advised that we are unable to fix the shaft as its bent out of order. This may be due to the unit not being setup properly or not being used correctly.

Below are pictures of the machine, as you can see it's basically brand new, it had a slight vibration from new, then started to literally fall apart.
    Let this be a lesson to anyone contemplating buying from these guys, they will take your money, they are not interested in customer service, they sell tools not fit for purpose and falsely advertise the capabilities of their equipment.

Take your money elsewhere to a reputable outlet.

Below is rubbish from their website about how good their customer service is, what a load of crap.

capture.jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210507_085034.jpg   20210507_085056.jpg   20210507_085034.jpg   20210507_085042.jpg   20210507_085049.jpg  

20210507_090500.jpg  
    Mieux vaut prévenir que guérir

I have avoided buying baumr, pretentious company name is their con. I seem to remember buying something from them years ago and learnt my lesson then. They are just a nothing ebay seller somewhat like Kogan.

The Master's Apprentice Bedford's Avatar

I would throw this back at them,

Then go to Fair Trading.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot_2021-05-12-edisons-tools-baumr-ag-dont-waste-your-money.png  
    Posted by John2b, And no, BEVs are not going to save the planet, which doesn't need saving anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedford View Post

Then go to Fair Trading.
    Yep exactly what I have done, I only noticed this after posting it here.
    I will let you know their reply

Good luck recovering your money.
    Meantime, the chinesium, if they don't break down, break your wrist for lack of a clutch.

For occasional use, find a good quality second hand. Try Cash Convertors in Warwick Farm, or this mob that deals in industrial surplus.
    This Hilti is not cheap at $850 but new is around $4000
    https://isurplus.com.au/component/vi..._category_id=0
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Good luck recovering your money.
    Meantime, the chinesium, if they don't break down, break your wrist for lack of a clutch.

For occasional use, find a good quality second hand. Try Cash Convertors in Warwick Farm, or this mob that deals in industrial surplus.
    This Hilti is not cheap at $850 but new is around $4000
    https://isurplus.com.au/component/vi..._category_id=0
    Definitely no clutch on this one, if it jams it just keeps driving until it probably burns the motor out.

Quote Originally Posted by phild01 View Post
    I have avoided buying baumr, pretentious company name is their con. I seem to remember buying something from them years ago and learnt my lesson then. They are just a nothing ebay seller somewhat like Kogan.
    Yep, Kogan has become a $500 million company by selling the public cheap underspec products for years.

These sorts of companies are run by scumbags who will do anything to make a dollar.

Kogan advertised a tax sale, but marked up all the prices just before the sale, then gave a 10% discount code which still made most of the products cost MORE tha they did before the supposed sale, they got caught and fined $350,000 for doing this, sucked in.
    https://www.accc.gov.au/media-releas...time-promotion

They were then fined another $310,000 for unsolicited spam emails, in one month they sent 42 million spam emails out, and forced you to open an account with them to unsubscribe from the emails, multiple warnings were given but they chose to ignore them.
    https://www.itnews.com.au/news/kogan...ng-spam-559937

Kogan to pay $350,000 for misleading tax time promotion

7 December 2020

The Federal Court has ordered Kogan Australia Pty Ltd (Kogan) to pay a penalty of $350,000 for making false or misleading representations about a tax time sales promotion, in breach of Australian Consumer Law.
    In July 2020, the Court found that Kogan had misled consumers by advertising over a period of four days that they could use the code ‘TAXTIME’ to reduce prices by 10 per cent at checkout, when Kogan had increased the prices of 621 products immediately before the promotion.
    In most cases, the prices of these products had been increased by at least 10 per cent. Kogan then decreased those prices soon after the promotion ended, many back to their pre-promotion prices.

Kogan fined $310,800 for marketing spam

Made recipients set up an account in order to unsubscribe.

Online retailer Kogan Australia has paid a “substantial” $310,800 penalty for sending over 42 million marketing emails that recipients could not easily unsubscribe from.
    Acting on consumer complaints, the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) said it “sent Kogan multiple compliance alerts” before commencing a formal investigation that ultimately found Kogan in breach of Australia’s spam laws.
    The investigation found Kogan “sent more than 42 million marketing emails to consumers from which they could not easily unsubscribe.”
    “Instead, Kogan required consumers to take additional steps setting a password and logging into a Kogan account,” the ACMA said.
    “The ACMA found Kogan’s conduct breached the Spam Act, which requires commercial electronic messages to contain a functional unsubscribe facility.”

1K Club Member

I've bought a bit of their gear (same as Metrix - for occasional jobs only) you get what you pay for. Each item I've bought from them required at least one modification to fix design or manufacturing issues. Some of the tools I've bought from them have become very reliable after making several mods or improvements - eg. making up a steel component to replace crappy plastic parts. When I buy from them, I weigh up the costs and the pro's and cons of the tool as if it comes with no warranty at all. A quick check on the companies reviews tells you they can't be trusted for warranty repairs or replacement .
    Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by METRIX View Post
    Yep, Kogan has become a $500 million company by selling the public cheap underspec products for years.

These sorts of companies are run by scumbags who will do anything to make a dollar.
    Wonder how many are fooled thinking DickSmith isn't just Kogan!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey66 View Post
    I've bought a bit of their gear (same as Metrix - for occasional jobs only) you get what you pay for. Each item I've bought from them required at least one modification to fix design or manufacturing issues. Some of the tools I've bought from them have become very reliable after making several mods or improvements - eg. making up a steel component to replace crappy plastic parts. When I buy from them, I weigh up the costs and the pro's and cons of the tool as if it comes with no warranty at all. A quick check on the companies reviews tells you they can't be trusted for warranty repairs or replacement .
    Compare the difference, one of my Paslode gas guns came off a 2nd story roof, landed on concrete, I thought surely that's got to be stuffed now.
    It bent the nose piece, found genuine nose piece online for $27 delivered, replaced it today and it's working fine, no other damage to the gun.

It fell probably 6 meters, where as this Baumr rubbish can't even drill more than 5 holes before it fell apart.

Stupidly during their woeful replies, they said I could choose to have it serviced elsewhere or purchase the parts myself from their huge online inventory of parts.
    I had a look at their huge inventory of parts and they stock all of 4 parts for the machine, none of them are any use, and probably why their reply said it could not be fixed.

I think this goes against they consumer laws as they are meant to stock spare parts for a reasonable time after manufacturing of the equipment finishes, they don't even sell any of the parts for the machine !!!!
    Below is a listing for all the parts for that machine.

parts.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phild01 View Post
    Wonder how many are fooled thinking DickSmith isn't just Kogan!
    Yes, people probably still think Dick owns them !!!!

They don't even attempt to change the websites, jone is white, the other is yellow with a different name on top

My power tool repair dude can't fix any ozito gmc millersfalls or similar because they don't sell spare parts.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect
    Mark Twain

My power tool repair dude can't fix any ozito gmc millersfalls or similar because they don't sell spare parts.
    Because the tools are so cheap they seem to survive by doing new for buggered until the warranty gives out then you are on your own. Most Ozito stuff is bought by the hardly ever user or someone who accepts it will break down and when it does just purchase another replacement. It's an interesting business model, can't say I like it but it has its market.

....seems to be a common theme for these online only companies selling Chinese made crap!!!.
    Bang Good is just another like the thousands of Ebay companies and Edisons. Happy to sell you the goods but don't want to know you if there is a problem.

Personal experience with Banggood with a well rated torch on many "torch enthusiast sites" and sold at many sites. Stopped working after 2 weeks and was told to send it back to "China" for repair. Yeh right, just another scam because they know it will cost you more to send it back rather then buying another. They take ages to reply and just send you on a wild goose chase to sent pics, no there not good enough, send a video, no thats no clear enough.....
    Edison's sounds the same.

Ebay OzPlaza have good support in my experience, I bought a 12v compressor fridge off them and on the hottest of days the electronics failed due to overheating. Luckily I had it configured to run the compressor at different speeds and the two lowest speeds still worked. The part is a Danfoss type and costs more than the fridge to buy so being out of warranty I wrote to OzPlaza asking if they had a spare part. They replied that it was out of warranty but they would follow up with their supplier. I got a reply telling me the supplier will be sending a replacement part at no cost and sure enough it arrived sent from China. I will add a fan and hopefully the overheating issue will be resolved.

All the on line crap merchant exist only because the chinese communist party subsidise shipping cost to send their excrement world wide and kill as many western companies as possible in the process
    Mark Twain

All the on line crap merchant exist only because the chinese communist party subsidise shipping cost to send their excrement world wide and kill as many western companies as possible in the process
    It's quite bizarre, we export our raw materials, they produce mostly inferior quality products not fit for purpose, so we can import them back and throw them in landfill.

Maybe it's easier if we cut out the middle man and just throw the raw material in landfill, would be a lot cheaper and less damaging to the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedford View Post

Then go to Fair Trading.
    I'm interested in their response which was.

Please be advised that we are unable to fix the shaft as it's bent out of order. This may be due to the unit not being setup properly or not being used correctly.

That hints at they cannot repair the machine as they suspect the shaft is bent and they don't stock parts to fix it ?
    I have sent them a question this morning asking them if they stock the parts required to fix it, as they also said.

Alternatively, you may prefer to locate a local repairer near you instead. Please consult them directly for their pricing and a quote for the repair.
    You or the repairer may then order parts available from our website

According the Fair trading website last point about stocking spare parts, if they don't stock the shaft which is what I consider a part that can become damaged easily and their website shows the only parts available for this machine are the switch, motor and RCD they are not doing what's required.
    I detest these types of companies that treat their customers like crap, the run under the assumption the customer will simply buy another one of their crap products.

https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/buying-products-and-services/repairs,-replacements-and-refunds#when
    capture.jpg

The Master's Apprentice Bedford's Avatar

They will be working on the fact it's out of warranty, but it's clearly not fit for the purpose.

Build up a trail of emails then present it to Fair Trading.
    Posted by John2b, And no, BEVs are not going to save the planet, which doesn't need saving anyway.

Doubt they have a so called 'Head Technician' especially looking at what parts they make available.

Community Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by METRIX View Post
    I thought if it lasted this house without exploding I would be happy, anyway it arrived within a week,
    We all moan about crap Chinese tools etc but we buy them with the mentality that if it lasts a week, month, year we can throw it out an get anew one as I only need it to do a few jobs.
    Anyhow think of how much you are contributing to the Chinese war machine.
    My father used to tell me a story that Japan was purchasing all the Australian scrap metal before WW2 but they ended up sending it back as bombs.

1K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bros View Post
    My father used to tell me a story that Japan was purchasing all the Australian scrap metal before WW2 but they ended up sending it back as bombs.
    The Chinese are doing that to us now with their car industry, only they are selling us the bombs instead of dropping them on us.
    Maybe that's why the new GWM dual cab ute is called a "Cannon" ?
    Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey66 View Post
    The Chinese are doing that to us now with their car industry, only they are selling us the bombs instead of dropping them on us.
    Maybe that's why the new GWM dual cab ute is called a "Cannon" ?
    Actually I would say the Chinese are buying all our ore for their warships, don't want to see that coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bros View Post
    We all moan about crap Chinese tools etc but we buy them with the mentality that if it lasts a week, month, year we can throw it out an get anew one as I only need it to do a few jobs.
    Anyhow think of how much you are contributing to the Chinese war machine.
    This machine has been the only exception, I make it a rule to NEVER buy these cheap Chinese rubbish machines, I now know why.
    I thought this one would be ok, after all what does it have to do, spin a bit, push a bit of water down to the core bit and that's about it, it's not that difficult.

I have learnt my lesson now.

I was looking at getting a Metabo dry vac concrete cutter, the ones that look like an overgrown circular saw, I have a small Japanese made Hitachi and it's fantastic, never missed a beat, but was after something a little bigger.

Got online to a tool store, and one of those chat things popped up, I asked if the machine was made in China or Germany, very quick response was ALL Metabo is made in Germany so it's made in Germany.

I replied, sorry not all Metabo is made in Germany there is a number of products produced in China, not that I care about those ones, I wanted to know where this tool was made, the thing started flashing saying agent typing, then it stopped flashing and the chat was cut off with no response as I think they were confused.

So went directly to Metabo, asked the same question, response was this machine is definitely made in Germany, so I will purchase one as I know it will last, I still have German grinders from 15 years ago still going, Metabo Marathon motors last forever.