Multi tool Sandpaper

Novice

Default Multi tool Sandpaper

https://www.bunnings.com.au/ozito-30...-tool_p6290554

Hi all, I've got an Ozito multi-function tool (as above).
    I'm currently doing a project requiring a fair bit of detail sanding and this tool is quite ideal for it but I have found a problem.
    The triangle sandpaper that came with the tool just won't cut it, pun intended.
    After a short while of sanding with a new paper I find cutting has reduced considerably, and although the cutting surface of the paper has plenty of life left in it, it's the backing that's letting me down. The hook loop furry material on the back of the paper is self destructing and not holding on to the tool's plate.

What I want to know is, what's the best brand of paper I should grab from Bunnings ?

Also Since this tool is variable speed, is sanding best done hi speed, low speed or somewhere in between ?

I'm finding that the hooks on the plate are wearing away too, what's the best replacement for that ?

What paper are you using now ?, tri Diablo, if it still gives way, then it's the tool not the paper, I use the Diablo Triangle paper a lot on a bosch multi tool and it sticks like glue.
    Mieux vaut prévenir que guérir

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by METRIX View Post
    What paper are you using now ?, tri Diablo, if it still gives way, then it's the tool not the paper, I use the Diablo Triangle paper a lot on a bosch multi tool and it sticks like glue.
    Ok thanks for that. Don't know what brand the paper is that came with the tool.
    I went over and got some Diablo paper and also a new Diablo plate. I imagine they should go well together since they're the same maker. We'll see when I try it out later.

I keep calling it a plate but should be pad : https://www.bunnings.com.au/diablo-9...g-pad_p6200453

Quote Originally Posted by Phaser View Post
    Ok thanks for that. Don't know what brand the paper is that came with the tool.
    I went over and got some Diablo paper and also a new Diablo plate. I imagine they should go well together since they're the same maker. We'll see when I try it out later.

I keep calling it a plate but should be pad : https://www.bunnings.com.au/diablo-9...g-pad_p6200453
    Yep should be fine, Diable is owned by BOSCH nowadays, the paper is made in Switzerland and is very good quality.
    Mieux vaut prévenir que guérir

You might be on too high a speed setting, dial it back a bit, I have managed to successfully destroy Diablo paper in what seemed like seconds by leaving the Multitool on flat out, Start slowish and build up speed to find what cuts best.