Rotating laser

1K Club Member

Default Rotating laser

Hi guys

I might have asked this once before but in the next week Iím going to buy a rotating laser for general building works.

Right now Iím looking at an Imex 88g green rotating laser, horizontal and vertical.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with imex and if anyone has any thoughts to other brands. I like the topcon and alpha1 but theyíre both horizontal only and Iíd like the option of vertical. Also green gets me excited too because itís more visible and Iíd like to use this inside as well.

Any feed back as to what you guys are using and recommend would be fantastic. Budget probably up to 2k

Cheers
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Micky013 View Post
    Also green gets me excited too because it’s more visible
    Can't answer your question but I'll add a tip I saw today.
    If you phone has a forward facing camera, then this will see and show the beam even if it's not visible.

Default Rotating laser

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Can't answer your question but I'll add a tip I saw today.
    If you phone has a forward facing camera, then this will see and show the beam even if it's not visible.
    As in a camera on the screen side? Why is that different to the back camera?

Hah I about to buy one tomorrow, although my budget is no where near 2k, In saying that I am not going to be building anything to major with mine.

I am going to be looking at grabbing one of Sydney Tools CPI400's Only horizontal though and its a red laser 550 for the whole kit and kabooldal.

On thing the sales guy mentioned today, yes the green is more visible but pretty useless after about 10mtrs or so, but then again that is where you would benefit from the beeper / receiver thingy. If that is the same for the topcons or the more $$ models i am not sure, nor did i play with something i can't afford to break

Cheers

1K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armers View Post
    Hah I about to buy one tomorrow, although my budget is no where near 2k, In saying that I am not going to be building anything to major with mine.

I am going to be looking at grabbing one of Sydney Tools CPI400's Only horizontal though and its a red laser 550 for the whole kit and kabooldal.

On thing the sales guy mentioned today, yes the green is more visible but pretty useless after about 10mtrs or so, but then again that is where you would benefit from the beeper / receiver thingy. If that is the same for the topcons or the more $$ models i am not sure, nor did i play with something i can't afford to break

Cheers
    Yeah receiver is a must. I think they all fade out after a certain distance however green is a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by OBBob View Post
    As in a camera on the screen side? Why is that different to the back camera?
    Yes. It's because the selfie camera doesn't have a IR filter where the main camera does.

Default Rotating laser

https://www.totaltools.com.au/test-m...er-level-70047

Iíve got this one, easy to use. I got mine at one of their sales with a tripod for that price.
    I had a life, but my job ate it...