Hey all - we had a bit of a washing machine accident yesterday that flooded the laundry pretty badly and ended up pulling up a lot of the vinyl and masonite to try save the subfloor (vinyl was already lifting on edges).

Thankfully the vinyl had it marked as non asbestos, but we're unsure on what the green felt like layer on top of the masonite is and could this contain asbestos. It burnt under a flame but could this just mean that another substance (non asbestos) is burning?

If anyone recognises this material any help would be most appreciated - thanks!

felt-layer.jpgvinyl.jpg