Hire the best Cladding Experts

Price difference

Default Price difference

just wondering what the average price to do a brick veneer house would be. The price per m2 for the brickwork vs weatherboard is what I would like to compare. Just the cladding price... eg 1200 bucks a thousand bricks or something.. Ignore the maintenance and looking after costs. I have a quote for 42 bucks a m2 not including paint for cypress cladding.
    sorry for the ramble.

adelaide bricki

bricks will be more expensive for shore, but are you building a house or a shack. if its going to be your home i think you want to have a bit of quality.

bricks laid you would be looking at around 45-55 bucks per m2. you would also have the cost of the materials, sand cement, wall ties, steel lentils for over the windows. (if you want brickwork over the windows). there is little things like that were you save but still use bricks. like no brickwork over garage doors, windows, on gables things like that can save you a bit but you still have a brick house. there is also the cost of your bricks which to buy the bricks would be anywere from 400/1000 too 1000/1000.

im not shore if your price for the weather board was materials included.

all i can say is it is a little sad to see the amount of cladding houses going up. im pretty shore non of them are built from the owner for the owner.

but i guess you can only do what you can afford

Novice

have you taken into account the footing that will be needed to put the brickwork on?

fair points. I am building a federation styled house so rusticated weatherboard is the way to go. I am thinking of owner building so I haven't included the price of the labour in my estimate, just nails, boards, vapour lining and drill bits!! The reason that I ask is just for estimation purposes with the construction budget compared to a spec home. thanks
    sorry for the ramble.

I am currently building a shed that has one brick wall and 3 weatherboard walls, for the cost side of it:

Brick wall:
    Bricks 2500 mixed clay commons $1000 cash
    Bricklaying $800 per 1000 cash
    Sand ~$120
    Cement and Lime ~$100
    Total $3320 (give or take $100)

That was a 2.8 m tall x 12m long wall with multiple piers etc
    Works out at $98 per square metre

For the rest of the walls as far as i have got is:
    Baltic pine pre-primed bullnose weatherboards 2.70 per lineal metre or $18 per square metre
    Weathertex classic smooth weatherboards 200mm tall ~$14 per length 3.66m or ~$21.6 per square metre
    Not going to do it for the shed, but if i was doing a house I would also put in foilboard or something similar under the weatherboard @ ~$7 per square metre
    Plus, nails, paint, sandpaper, acrylic putty, caulking adhesive, wood for trims/corners, coil nailer purchase and my labour

Hope that helps!