Hire the best Cladding Experts

Recladding

Default Recladding

Hi all, I have been away from the forum for quite some time but now have a question I'm sure someone can answer.

We are going to reclad our daughters home using Harditex on battens over cypress "log cabin" weatherboard. We plan to use 70x35 pine batten for two reasons, first it will give us the space to install insulation, then sarking, and two it will provide a reveal around the windows and doors. The house construction is timber frame atop brick dwarf walls.

My question is how do we finish the sheet where the frame meets the brick or do we continue the sheet down to ground level?

Cheers Bob W:
    Old age is merely mind over matter!! If you don't mind ..... it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by bob w View Post
    Hi all, I have been away from the forum for quite some time but now have a question I'm sure someone can answer.

We are going to reclad our daughters home using Harditex on battens over cypress "log cabin" weatherboard. We plan to use 70x35 pine batten for two reasons, first it will give us the space to install insulation, then sarking, and two it will provide a reveal around the windows and doors. The house construction is timber frame atop brick dwarf walls.

My question is how do we finish the sheet where the frame meets the brick or do we continue the sheet down to ground level?

Cheers Bob W:
    How much brickwork is there to cover height wise? If you fix harditex to the top of the brickwork, maybe you can bag or render brickwork to finish it off