Hire the best Roofing Expert

Best way to fix this flashing.

Apprentice (new member)

Default Best way to fix this flashing.

Flashing at the front of the house has nice neat stepped colourbond flashing, but the back is a bit more ugly. Whats the best way to fix up this flashing and would the existing lead sheeting need to be redone.. Looks like underneath the cement sheeting theres a little valley, water probably lands on the 2nd last tile and then down the gap of the last tile where it falls between eave and brickwall. Was thinking it just needs some lead sheeting by an attempt at stepping for the last two tiles going underneath he existing flashing.

Perhaps too long since construction, as it is, it is defective work and should have been a warranty claim. Not only the eave but also the ridge. I think I would remove what is there and start over from the ridge and chase stepped flashing into the brickwork. You may need to replace the bottom Hardie Plank and raise it higher. Others here may have better ideas.

Apprentice (new member)

Probably 35 to 36 years since construction. I was amazed when I saw it.. I'm actually learning alot things around my house which is good in a way for education. For the time the being I put down some flashing tape for the missing section until i put in a more permanent solution. The existing lead flashing goes underneath the cement board and is only upturned 1cm inside with no other sealing and with a little but of an airgap. probably not good for wind driven rain. Ridge part underneath the bargeboard has silicone.