Hire the best Roofing Expert

price difference colorbond to zincalume

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    ajm
    ajm is offline
    Golden Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    BrisVegas
    Posts
    792

    Default price difference colorbond to zincalume

    Hi all,

    what is the price difference per metre between colorbond sheeting and zincalume roof sheeting? we are in brisbane if that makes a difference?

  2. #2
    3K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajm View Post
    Hi all,

    what is the price difference per metre between colorbond sheeting and zincalume roof sheeting? we are in brisbane if that makes a difference?

    Bunnings/Tradelink/Reece/Masters/Queensland Roofing Materials/Pantex/Stratco will all give you direct prices whereas here, all you will get is a guess.

    You will need to specify lineal metre or square metre, whichever you want, and, depending on the lengths and quantities may impact the delivery cost as well.

  3. #3
    Resigned SilentButDeadly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Not here...
    Posts
    5,155

    Default

    It's a couple of dollars per metre for a length of corro
    Joined RF in 2006...Resigned in 2020.

  4. #4
    7K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    7,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentButDeadly View Post
    It's a couple of dollars per metre for a length of corro
    How long is a 'length'?

    Or did you mean - It's a couple of dollars per metre for corro

  5. #5
    2K Club Member barney118's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSW
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclic View Post
    Bunnings/Tradelink/Reece/Masters/Queensland Roofing Materials/Pantex/Stratco will all give you direct prices whereas here, all you will get is a guess.

    You will need to specify lineal metre or square metre, whichever you want, and, depending on the lengths and quantities may impact the delivery cost as well.
    Also have Lysaghts in Archerfield.
    cheers Look out if I have a tape measure in my hand.....I'm upto something

  6. #6
    Led
    Led is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheltenham,VIC
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Hi, we just re-roofed in Colourbond. It was about $400 more (supply cost) than the same area in Zincalume, area was around 150M2. In Melbourne. So $2.50-ish more per sq mtr.., although that's not allowing for all the flashings as well,
    so maybe a touch less?

  7. #7
    3K Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Led View Post
    Hi, we just re-roofed in Colourbond. It was about $400 more (supply cost) than the same area in Zincalume, area was around 150M2. In Melbourne. So $2.50-ish more per sq mtr.., although that's not allowing for all the flashings as well,
    so maybe a touch less?
    OK, now I see the reason for the question.

    At approx $2.50 you got off cheap because I used to allow $3 difference and that was 16+ years ago.

Similar Threads

  1. Zincalume or Galvanised?
    By ytbc in forum Structural Renovation
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 6th Feb 2016, 10:59 PM
  2. RFID key fobs, why such a price difference between them?
    By wozzzzza in forum General Odds & Sods
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th Oct 2012, 05:56 PM
  3. Price difference
    By manofaus in forum Cladding
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th Nov 2011, 04:21 PM
  4. Price guesstimate for Colorbond fence
    By Haveago1 in forum Landscaping, Gardening & Outdoors
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17th Nov 2009, 10:12 AM
  5. Painting Zincalume
    By Feralbilly in forum Painting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31st May 2008, 08:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •