Hire the best Roofing Expert

Ways to transport concrete roof tiles onto roof

Default Ways to transport concrete roof tiles onto roof

I am doing a roof extension, and need to get about 900 concrete roof tiles on top of the trusses to lay them. Other than carrying them up a ladder in small batches, is there an alternative way to get this done with less effort and faster?

GeoffW1

Quote Originally Posted by edrocnoc View Post
    I am doing a roof extension, and need to get about 900 concrete roof tiles on top of the trusses to lay them. Other than carrying them up a ladder in small batches, is there an alternative way to get this done with less effort and faster?
    Hire one of these. You need 2 persons tho, one at each end.

http://www.hirehub.com.au/listingIma...89f2e38dfd.jpg

Cheers

one on the ground tosses em ... one on the roof catches.

Old Chippy 6K

Quote Originally Posted by toooldforthis View Post
    one on the ground tosses em ... one on the roof catches.
    One on the ground cleans up . . . plasterer comes in to fix the hole in ceiling . . .
    Advice from me on this forum is general and for guidance based on information given by the member posing the question. Not to be used in place of professional advice from people appropriately qualified in the relevant field. All structural work must be approved and constructed to the BCA or other relevant standards by suitably licensed persons. The person doing the work and reading my advice accepts responsibility for ensuring the work done accords with the applicable law.

when I was a youngster (last week ) I remember seeing roof tilers throw them up. in bundles. can't remember whether it was 3 or 4 tiles. was fascinated how they stayed "glued" in the air - well, most of the time

Apprentice (new member)

Hey mate, I'm a rooftiler myself, and I'm sure u can ring or visit hytile website they are pretty much the go to guys for roofing needs like that they sell everything.. But yeah anyway I'm sure you can rent an elevator witch goes from the ground and on to a stand witch connects on to the tiles battens. better if u have two guys as one guy said one on ground one up top.
    Or! Send 12 up (2stacks) by pressing green button on machine wait for trolley to come back down put another 2 stacks on (so there's now 4 stacks onThe machine 2 up top waiting an 2 down on the trolley waiting to be sent up buy another green button up top Once you have taken the other two off..
    And also carry one stack up on sholder 😃
    Better carrying 1 of 5 the every one..
    Haha but yeah if you haven't already done it call hytile. Cheers all the best

Thanks to all for the ideas / solutions. I am thinking of making a bespoke system using some old bicycle frames etc to get the tiles on the roof, as I cannot do them all at once and renting a conveyor system will mean that I have to get it for a couple of days at least. It will also serve the purpose of a bit of a holiday garage project for us.

Looking for some roof tile clips now, but my timing is as bad as it can be as all the roofing places seem to be closed for the next week or so.

I love all the bricks on his head. 50kgs or so stacked on the head supported by the spinal column. Too easy. Compress all the discs in the spine. You could tell he'd done it a few times by the way he swung his bare foot out of the way of the falling brick.

You imagine how long it would take for a 1st world white fella to do that.