Issues uploading photos?

1K Club Member

Default Issues uploading photos?

I'm getting an error when I try to upload a photo, either from "manage attachments" or the toolbar in the post. It's quite small and I can't copy and paste it. Are you aware of any issues?
    I am not responsible for anything that Moondog says!

testburras-small-.jpg

All good here

200.jpg

1K Club Member

I think the issue might be at my end but I don't know what it is. I haven't tried to upload anything since I got this new computer, running windows 7 enterprise but everything else is the same. I'll try a different browser, perhaps.

**Edit: tried Chrome, same error. error event type = "ioerror bubbles=false cancelable=falseEvent phase=2text=error #2038"

I found this on a Google search http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ng-attachments

I know your pain, just got a new Dell laptop on Friday and it has Windows 8.1(yuk) and I can't find a way to boot from the USB to run Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecile View Post
    I think the issue might be at my end but I don't know what it is. I haven't tried to upload anything since I got this new computer, running windows 7 enterprise but everything else is the same. I'll try a different browser, perhaps.

**Edit: tried Chrome, same error. error event type = "ioerror bubbles=false cancelable=falseEvent phase=2text=error #2038"

I found this on a Google search Error #2038 when uploading attachments - vBulletin Community Forum
    Good girl Cecile for choosing Windows 7 and not the Windows 8 gumby nightmare interface (Soon to be replaced with Windows 9) and goes down as the worst operating system MS has ever released, even putting Vista to shame, and that was bad.

Are you using "Go Advanced" > Attachments > Add Files > Select Files > Insert Inline, this should work fine.

Here is a Cecil, close to Cecile

cecil.jpg

1K Club Member

Thanks for the photo Metrix, made me grin. The Cecile vs Cecil thing has been a bugbear to me all my life!

The issue is that the photos won't upload at all. It's a real pain in the proverbial

***Edit***
    Perhaps the file is too big? What's the maximum file size? I've never had issues with this before.

What size are they, are you using basic uploader, or Advanced editing / Manage attachments ?

1K Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by METRIX View Post
    What size are they, are you using basic uploader, or Advanced editing / Manage attachments ?
    I have tried them all. Average file size is over 1mb, photos taken with my big SLR. Ted's little point and shoot isn't working.

I have tried them all. Average file size is over 1mb, photos taken with my big SLR. Ted's little point and shoot isn't working.
    Can you re-size the photos to a smaller file size. 1M is quite large!

1Mb is big, especially for others to view them, images around 150-300k are fine.

If you don't have a resizing program, go below and resize a pic online to say 1024, or 1280, try upload this, if your images are from a SLR then they will be huge files, an average 2.2Mb file will compress to around 200K with no real onscreen visual difference.
    Depending on how many megapixels your camera is depends on the size, eg a 10mp snappy digital using JPEG100 compression will give you a 2.2Mb file, a 12megapixel will be 2.2Mb, these are huge for a single picture upload.

Free Online Picture Resizer - Crop and Resize photos, images, or pictures online for FREE!

For example, below is a pic from a few years ago motor show.

I have compressed and resized from the original of 2.1mb, to 976Kb, 557Kb, 261Kb, when uploading them the forum as again refcompressed them to 306Kb, 284Kb, 267Kb.
    There is minimal difference onscreen unless you start zooming on them, I tried to put up a 1.23mb image and it rejected the file, so recompress and you will be right.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture-001.jpg   picture-002.jpg   picture-003.jpg  

Novice

Just use a hosting site like imgur, upload and then take the BBCode and post it as plain text in the thread - Make sure your pics arent massive though! Might need to resize them in paint before uploading to imgur.

How to Upload Images in BBCode: 5 Steps - wikiHow

Deactivated User

Metrix you are amazing.

Thanks for helping out (and everyone else too!)

I moved all the OT posts to here: Dual Booting

BTW, I just use MS Paint to resize and rotate all my pics. It's free and already installed on Windows.