Mullti quote icon

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member munruben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Munruben, Qld
    Age
    81
    Posts
    454

    Default Mullti quote icon

    What does the multi quote function do and how does it work. I have clicked on it and nothing appears to happen. The icon at the bottom of each post has an icon with "multi quote this message" when you hold the cursor over it but nothing happens when I click on it.
    Cheers, John
    Just a thought: If you borrow money from a pessimist, do they expect to get it back?
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

    .

  2. #2
    1K Club Member DJ's Timber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    East Warburton Vic
    Age
    51
    Posts
    500

    Default

    Copied and pasted from this thread

    Multi-Quote
    The much-requested multi-quote feature allows users to tag multiple posts that they wish to respond to by clicking a small button on each post. Once the user clicks the reply button, each tagged post is quoted.
    Cheers

    DJ

  3. #3
    Senior Member Big Shed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bendigo Victoria
    Age
    77
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Thank you John for asking the question and DJ for answering it.

    I have looked at that button and, like John, couldn't make it do anything.

    Here is another question, is there a "how to drive the forum" thread/help file somewhere?

    I think I know how to use most things, but like this multi-quote button, I reckon there would be plenty more liitle tools that I don't use.

  4. #4
    Son of a Handyman jmk89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Lindfield N.S.W.
    Age
    60
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Shed View Post
    Thank you John for asking the question and DJ for answering it.

    I have looked at that button and, like John, couldn't make it do anything.

    Here is another question, is there a "how to drive the forum" thread/help file somewhere?

    I think I know how to use most things, but like this multi-quote button, I reckon there would be plenty more liitle tools that I don't use.
    maybe we need a wiki on "stuff users have learned about how to drive the forum"
    Cheers

    Jeremy

    When a thing's done, it's done, and if it's not done right, do it differently next time - Arthur Ransome

  5. #5
    Senior Member munruben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Munruben, Qld
    Age
    81
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djstimber View Post
    Copied and pasted from this thread
    Sorry I'm a bit thick can someone explain exactly how to use it.
    Cheers, John
    Just a thought: If you borrow money from a pessimist, do they expect to get it back?
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

    .

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nicholls ACT
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Speaking of the Quote button, which we wern't but it is related. When I used the quote button on a message yesterday and stuck a smilie in it the post would not load and claimed I had exceeded my limit of 18 pictures. I eventually had to get out and reply without a quote. Does material inserted in the response using the quote and multiple quote buttons count as multiple pictures? It only happened to one response but could not get it to work for the life of me??!

    Pusser

  7. #7
    Senior Member munruben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Munruben, Qld
    Age
    81
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Its okay I think I worked it out. cool. thanks DJ
    Cheers, John
    Just a thought: If you borrow money from a pessimist, do they expect to get it back?
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

    .

  8. #8
    Senior Member munruben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Munruben, Qld
    Age
    81
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pusser View Post
    Does material inserted in the response using the quote and multiple quote buttons count as multiple pictures? It only happened to one response but could not get it to work for the life of me??!Pusser
    Seems like it does according to your experience
    Cheers, John
    Just a thought: If you borrow money from a pessimist, do they expect to get it back?
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

    .

  9. #9
    Golden Member ubeaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Belmont/Highton (Geelong) Victoria
    Age
    72
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pusser
    Speaking of the Quote button, which we wern't but it is related. When I used the quote button on a message yesterday and stuck a smilie in it the post would not load and claimed I had exceeded my limit of 18 pictures. I eventually had to get out and reply without a quote. Does material inserted in the response using the quote and multiple quote buttons count as multiple pictures? It only happened to one response but could not get it to work for the life of me??!
    My bet is that you were either pasting something from a word.doc or the post you had quoted was pasted from a word.doc. Word plays merry hell with the graphics quoter.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nicholls ACT
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Ubeaut,
    Thanks, must have been the original document. I just pressed the quote button. i did try a copy and paste the text in a new reply after the first two attempts failed.

    Pusser

Similar Threads

  1. advice on quote, gas installation
    By notenoughtoys in forum Plumbing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16th Aug 2007, 09:27 PM
  2. Seeking A Quote
    By Metal Head in forum General Odds & Sods
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31st Dec 2006, 07:59 PM
  3. deck quote
    By Farm boy in forum Decking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 8th Dec 2006, 09:56 PM
  4. Patio Quote
    By spartan in forum Landscaping, Gardening & Outdoors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th Aug 2006, 08:56 PM
  5. Handling a quote dispute
    By vGolfer in forum Structural Renovation
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 5th Oct 2005, 09:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •