Not allowed to add to a thread over 365 days old? Why?

Default Not allowed to add to a thread over 365 days old? Why?

I wanted to thank a user for their excellent instructions on pulling apart a flymo H40 in the thread.
    Push mower repair

I wanted to ask how he went sourcing bearings for it and potentially complete the thread for others as well. However, I cannot reply directly to that thread because it is over 365 days old. Quite a frustrating rule, any reason for it? Can an exception be made so that others can simply follow this thread and repair their mowers easily?

The Master's Apprentice Bedford's Avatar

Easiest way is to start a new thread.

Like, "following on from this thread, http://www.renovateforum.com/f82/pus...-repair-81360/ I'd like to ask" or whatever.
    Posted by John2b, And no, BEVs are not going to save the planet, which doesn't need saving anyway.

Golden Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bedford View Post
    Easiest way is to start a new thread.

Like, "following on from this thread, http://www.renovateforum.com/f82/pus...-repair-81360/ I'd like to ask" or whatever.
    But it would not notify the original poster he has had another post added to his post which the poster of this post is trying to get the attention of.

Maybe try a private message to him as well. Then do as the poster above suggests and post back with his reply of parts source if he gets back to you.

Very easy when you think about it. (not)

The Master's Apprentice Bedford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed80 View Post
    I wanted to thank a user for their excellent instructions on pulling apart a flymo H40 in the thread.
    Push mower repair

I wanted to ask how he went sourcing bearings for it and potentially complete the thread for others as well. However, I cannot reply directly to that thread because it is over 365 days old. Quite a frustrating rule, any reason for it? Can an exception be made so that others can simply follow this thread and repair their mowers easily?

Try it now.
    Posted by John2b, And no, BEVs are not going to save the planet, which doesn't need saving anyway.