Hire the best Home Extension Experts

surveyor levels AHD

Default surveyor levels AHD

I notice that council require levels to AHD these days, last time I simply referenced from my front gutter being zero and showed the contours based on the good old spirt level on the stringline. Not entirely accurate but within a few mm. (and $450 cheaper) I have found a survey mark on the corner of a cross street nearby and taken some measurements from this point to my gutter using the same method tape/stringline. I believe this would be good enough for establishing a AHD for that point and then providing relative levels from this.
    I also note there is a nail in the gutter which has been used before, is this a registered point with the lands dept?

A Permanent Mark can be identified easily and will also have a reference number which the Appropriate Department will be able to provide co-ordinates and in some cases a height to AHD. Other survey marks, nails etc will have been placed when land is surveyed and will be referenced on the subdivisional survey plans. These will not have a height attributed to them. The Lands Dept will be able to advise of any permanent marks in your area and the heights. I am not sure if your method which would be roughly OK would be acceptable to the council. They may require this to be certified by a registered land surveyor. The price for a survey would not be cheap but certainly a surveyor would be easily and accurately be able to determine levels. Hand Held GPS units will be able to provide heights which would need to be converted to AHD (which is different than the heights that GPS derive) but these will not be all that accurate.

Cheers,

Contacted the lands dept and they verified the SSM AHD for me, Also they helped with 2 other known points around the block and thier AHD, so it was quite simple to obtain my AHD without the need for $450 for that info. A learning process along the way!