Hire the best Gardeners

Dry creek bed - geofrabric or rubber pond liner?

Novice

Default Dry creek bed - geofrabric or rubber pond liner?

I'm on a sloping block, which has a large cement driveway down one side. The runoff from this driveway and the front yard basically hit the garage and it diverted either into the neighbour's garden, or into ours - it also tends to pool into the garage too if it's a heavy downpour. My plan is to cut a channel in the concrete and divert all the runoff down into my garden.

I'm wary that I'll need to set up some kind of swale or drain - a 50cm-wide dry creek bed with river pebbles and small boulders will suit the style of the garden well.

Should I lay geofabric with rubber matting, or is sufficient to just large geofabric? I've spent at least 20 minutes at Bunnings looking at the options, but none of their products seem suited for this task - it's also possible that I'm overthinking this.

If I understand the problem correctly, you main concern should be that the channel catching the run off is adequate for a big downpour. Basically the bigger the better. They have some big channels for that at Bunnings or Plumbers supply.
    https://www.bunnings.com.au/everhard...grate_p4770209

How you get the water out to the garden. A trench with geofabric lining to stop the dirt, filled with large pebbles or recycled concrete should be good.
    Enjoy present pleasures in such a way as not to injure future ones.
    Seneca

Novice

Thanks Marc - I hadn't considered that, but was steering towards the channels with a steel grating to account for wheeled traffic.

Consider that may be it is better to channel the water in a pipe for a bit to keep it away from the building and then go into an absorption trench.
    Enjoy present pleasures in such a way as not to injure future ones.
    Seneca