Hire the best Handyman

Kitchen Table Project.

Default Kitchen Table Project.

G'day Chaps,

I've just downsized to a much smaller home in a beachside town and as a consequence, my kitchen table was way to big! What a pain. This got me thinking that maybe l should just knock up a smaller table myself. Decision made. The criteria l had was that it would be rustic / beachy, and the process had to be simple. No fancy joinery, just the use of a biscuit joiner.

As it turned out it was the same time as hard rubbish day so l went on the scrounge and found a pile of old junk on the nature strip where someone had dumped the timber remains of an old hardwood chook yard. I backed up the ute and filled it with timber that l could use to build my rustic kitchen table.

I documented the process in a series of 3 videos from the start of the project to the finished product. If you're interested in seeing how the project went, l have pasted the three links to the three videos below. The end product can be seen in photographs at the end of the 3rd video.

How to Build a Rustic / Distressed Table. Video 1 - YouTube
    How to Build a Rustic / Distressed Table. Video 2 - YouTube
    How to Build a Rustic / Distressed Table. Video 3 - YouTube

Cheers, Uncle Knackers

Hey Knackers,

Great Video and Build. I recently built a few rustic outdoor tables myself. Sick of wasting $400-500 on the crappy bunnings glass outdoor tables when after 2 years the glass top shatters in teh heat and the chair fabric is completely ruined. So thought it would be wiser to spend a few more $$$ and get something taht will last a little longer...

Spotted Gum 8 Seater Outdoor Dining Table made from reclaimed basketball court floorboards. Yellow Steel Powdercoated heavy duty Legs were purchased from "Masters" Bargain at $30 each.

Messmate 6 Seater Outdoor Dining Table made from reclaimed Messmate remilled floorboards. Yellow Steel Powdercoated heavy duty Legs were purchased from "Masters" Bargain at $30 each.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20121202_175935.jpg   20121202_175741.jpg   20121125_201056.jpg   001.jpg   3484969.jpg  

Hey Renovator,
    Great job mate. Love what you did with the old basketball floor boards. It's amazing what you can come up with a little imagination. Good use of those powder coated saw horses too. Cheers

Fantastic - both of you

Thanks Uncle Bob.